1377RE: [midatlanticretro] Jim She's Not Quite Dead Yet (was Altos "Serie 5" 5-AD)

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Sep 29, 2005
      This discussion reminds me that someone asked what I
      was putting on the bus contacts in Bill D's IMSAI. It
      was CIAG Labs DeoxIT concentrate followed by Nye Labs
      Nyogel 759G. The DeoxIT cleans up the contacting surfaces
      and the Nyogel lubricates and protects them. I've made
      a number of flakey machines solid by applying it to bus
      contacts and floppy cables. I've never tried it on chip
      pins but I don't see any reason that it wouldn't work,
      although it might get a little messy.

      Bill S.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic