      From: B Degnan <billdeg@...>

      Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 18:04:19
      To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Burroughs L700 with work station

      does MARCH want a Burroughts L7000 minicomputer (1971)? It comes with a
      work station that reads cards, etc. It's very dusty, but it's complete,
      and would take up an entire wall in the minicomputer exhibit room. I
      can be cleaned and should be in a museum. It's kind of like the L5000
      and L9000 I have read, but there are no pics on the web. My cell phone
      camera is almost useless so I don't have much to

      Here is a pic from the internet of what the work station part looks like
      (the one I can get is in better shape than this)
      http://www.dvq.com/oldcomp/photos2/1k/l5000_1.jpg

      The "Magnetic System" part looks like a *huge* A/C unit, with logic
      cards kind of like the PDP 8 we have at MARCH.

      I volunteer to help get it, but it will take a hours to dismantle into
      pieces small enough to lug up stairs and into a truck. It's a two or
      more man job.

      If this sounds like fun, let me know. I don't really know anything
      about these other than this was used for business processing. Very
      rare, there are no pics on the Internet of this machine, MARCH would
      have the only one.

      The pics are bad but here are some:
      http://www.vintagecomputer.net/burroughs/L7000/