      From: evan@...
      Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 8:57 AM
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Possible VCF panel discussion

      Here's an idea for a VCF panel discussion: "Current Topics in the Vintage Computing Hobby."

      We'd have three or four panelists on stage, with yours truly being the moderator. Topics could be:

      - merits vs obsolescence of the 10-year-rule (NOT an invitation to discuss the "rule" in this particular email thread)

      - what's going to be collectible in the future

      - craigslist vs ebay vs hobby forums

      - role of museums, mailing lists, forums, blogs, etc.

      Anyone have suggestions for other discussion topics?

      This would all be followed by audience Q&A.

      What does MARCH think? You guys interested in an hour or two of discussing our hobby like this at the VCF?

      The idea is a result of my brainstorming because we are having trouble finding guest speakers this year. I think it's a good idea regardless.

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic