13465Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH makin' money

    Jul 16, 2009
      Sure.

      Almost every artifact we display will have its own poster.  Whenever possible, we should use a picture of the artifact doing something, not just sitting there.

      Our * initial * posters might be more boring / static, but they're so easy and inexpensive to make that we can do them in waves.

      Not only the museum posters would make good souveniers, though. For example, what about posters depicting the startup screens of the TI-99/4a, the C64, etc.

      On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      Not yet, but soon, we're going to have a new (modest) revenue source.

      Every poster in our museum (around 50 of them) will have a number in the
      lower right corner. For $10, we'll print a copy of the poster for any
      visitor. We'll split the income with InfoAge (since we're using InfoAge
      electricity, large glossy paper, and ink.) It only takes 10 minutes to
      make a poster on this equipment because we're not doing the lamination
      process. That way people can hang them as-on on walls, or frame them,
      etc. We can also put thumbnails of the catalog online. The posters can
      be informative, or just pictures of our computers, etc.

      Fred agreed to this plan.

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic