13464Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH makin' money

    Jul 16, 2009
      Thanks, Bill.

      What's nice is, this plan doesn't require us to spend any money or stock
      any inventory! We're making the posters anyhow. A lot of times our
      visitors gravitate to whatever specific machine they used 20, 30, 40
      years ago. We can let them go home with the memories and the poster.
      Not even any copyright issues -- we just need to take some good pictures
      of our own artifacts (except where we can get decent pictures from
      Wikimedia Commons, etc.)

      Speaking of which, I am the world's * worst * photographer. Anyone here
      have a GOOD digital camera and really knows how to use it?

      > good thinking!
      >

      > Evan Koblentz wrote:
      >
      >> Not yet, but soon, we're going to have a new (modest) revenue source.
      >>
      >> Every poster in our museum (around 50 of them) will have a number in the
      >> lower right corner. For $10, we'll print a copy of the poster for any
      >> visitor. We'll split the income with InfoAge (since we're using InfoAge
      >> electricity, large glossy paper, and ink.) It only takes 10 minutes to
      >> make a poster on this equipment because we're not doing the lamination
      >> process. That way people can hang them as-on on walls, or frame them,
      >> etc. We can also put thumbnails of the catalog online. The posters can
      >> be informative, or just pictures of our computers, etc.
      >>
      >> Fred agreed to this plan.

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic