13270Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF Exhibit Rules and Categories

    Jul 1 7:32 AM
      > Please send the rules and categories for the VCF exhibits. Will there
      > be judging and by whom? Having some sort of objective is motivational
      > and will help encourage people to put in the maximum effort. I also
      > think we should have a best newcomer prize. Emphasizing categories
      > helps promote diversity in exhibits.
      >
      > Bill
      Categories, defined by Sellam and uses for all editions of the VCF, are:
      - microcomputer
      - minicomputer / multiuser / large computer
      - pda / handheld / calculators
      - homebrew / kit / educational
      - re-creation/ emulator/ contemporary enhancement

      Rules: Exhibits are just that -- to * exhibit * -- not to sell. VCF is
      like a giant demo, not a flea market. But if people want to make some
      deals on the side, then I didn't see anything. Just as long as there
      aren't any overt "for sale" signs in your booth. Also: exhibits must
      have a theme. No dumping random things on a table and saying "here's
      all my vintage computer stuff" and calling it an exhibit. Even just
      calling your exhibit "1970s microcomputers" is rather lame. Come up
      with a real theme. Other rules: exhibitors must be there for BOTH days
      unless pre-approved by me. Put some effort into making your exhibit
      look nice, have flyers to give away, bring documentation, etc. Most of
      all, have fun. That is an order. :)

      Judges -- to be determined. I asked Nick Lordi to be one of the judges
      this year. Maybe I'll be another judge.

      Prizes -- also to be determined, but I guarantee there will be something.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic