1307RE: [midatlanticretro] newbie computers

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Sep 24, 2005

      If we have a swap meet at InfoAge I'll bring it along. That's not very far
      from Jackson, and if nothing else I'll be passing through there on my way.

      > Got a question, though. There's a store not far from me called Cash
      > Converters. They're kind of like a pawn shop, but its just buying and
      > selling. Has anyone ever got anything at one of these?

      My experience with pawn shops in this area and in Arkansas is that they
      generally don't take in older computers. If it's not the current high end
      they're not interested.

      Stopped in several thrift stores on a recent excursion to Vermont. Most (3
      of 4) had signs right at the door that they don't accept computers of any
      kind.

      Anyone else have any experience with stores like these?

      Kelly
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic