1290Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: starting out

  • Chris M
    Sep 21, 2005
      probably, 1 mhz, 4 mhz, whatever. For the applications
      that are operating on s-100 systems, I'm sure speed
      isn't critical. CNC (Computer Numerical Control) for
      instance doesn't require alot of speed (CNC lathes,
      mills, etc.). Often these apps are programmed in
      interpreted (as opposed to compiled) BASIC.
      Interpreted languages are popular in robotic systems.

      > > Actually, the S-100 (IEEE-696) standard survived
      > well into the 1990s. I
      > > have some magazines (Microsystems maybe?) that
      > still had articles and
      > > advertisements for S-100 stuff in the early 1990s.
      > I'm sure there are
      > > still many S-100 bus machines running critical
      > applications to this day.
      > >

      > But isn't s-100 even slower than ISA?

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic