12886Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: makeshift IBM monitor

  • Mr Ian Primus
    Jun 2, 2009

      > > Evan - the disk you gave me for
      > the IBM at MARCH has some bare spots,
      > > the drive needs to be cleaned or replaced.
      >   Do we have any
      > > replacement Tandon 100-2a drives at MARCH?
      > I don't know.

      The drive probably just needs a good cleaning. I've never seen a Tandon in an IBM fail so badly as to scrape up disks. The heads are probably just really dirty. Also, the disk itself could have been compromised - some brands are more apt to start shedding oxide with age.

      -Ian
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic