1288Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: starting out

  • Vintage Computer Festival
    Sep 21, 2005
      On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 billdeg@... wrote:

      > I am not personally aware of any major system that was launched to feature
      > the S-100 (IEEE 696) bus much past 1980, but i do have electronics magazines
      > with ads selling S-100 cards well into the 80's.

      Actually, the S-100 (IEEE-696) standard survived well into the 1990s. I
      have some magazines (Microsystems maybe?) that still had articles and
      advertisements for S-100 stuff in the early 1990s. I'm sure there are
      still many S-100 bus machines running critical applications to this day.

      --

      Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival