12875RE: [midatlanticretro] TRS-80 Model II keyboard

  • Kelly D. Leavitt
    Jun 1, 2009
      I have a keyboard repair kit for a 16 around somewhere. If I can find it I'll take some pictures.

      Kelly

      On Mon, 1 Jun 2009, Kelly D. Leavitt wrote:

      > Capacitive Foam. YUCK.

      I'll second that. The Model II keyboard has to be the worst
      implementation I've ever seen. Not only does the foam pad disintegrate,
      but it takes with it the metallic coating on the underside of the plastic
      disc that presses against the circuit board. On my keyboard, a total
      of FIVE keys were still working.

      Based on the articles I've read about rebuilding capacitive keyboards,
      I think I can resurrect it. Unfortunately, I don't have the materials on
      hand. I'll see what I can dig up.

      On the positive side, the 8" CP/M 2.2 boot diskette I created using IMD
      worked perfectly. :-)

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...

      _
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic