12857Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: makeshift IBM monitor

  • Joe Giliberti
    Jun 1, 2009
      Thank you!
      I think the next time at infoage is best, as I am 70 miles south of you, but I'll see if I feel like taking the drive someday.

      Thanks again

      On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Brian Cirulnick <techrat@...> wrote:

      > The original CGA card has RCA plugs on it, and if I remember correctly, it should be composite video. But, I do believe that the composite video output does not support all video modes that the CGA card can do. Your best bet is to find a real monitor...

      Which I have.

      Joe, I'm fairly certian (I'm at work right now and can't confirm) that I have an IBM manufactured CGA monitor (it's either color or monochrome) that's somewhat period correct.

      I need to test if it works, but it's yours if you want it. Then all you need to find is the correct keyboard for a complete system.

      Not sure where you live, but I'm in Belleville NJ, if you're willing to take a drive to my place one evening, you can pick it up.

      Either that, or wait for the next MARCH event, and I'll toss it your way then (keep reminding me, I forget easily).

      Let me know what you'd prefer.

      Brian C.

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic