12855Re: [midatlanticretro] makeshift IBM monitor

  • Joe Giliberti
    Jun 1, 2009
      All I've done thus far is apply power to the power supply (which is original). What are the voltages supposed to be going into the mainboard? I want to check with a multimeter before hooking it to the motherboard.  It appears to have the co-processor installed. I do plan on doing a methodological, slow restore on it.

      Aside from resocketing chips and removing dust, what is the procedure for checking the motherboard?

      Joe

      On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Bill Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

      May I add that this is quite a lucky find, you may never get such a rare
      system in the trash ever again, you take this as an opportunity to perform
      a serious restoration/save. Learn about what you have and make the most of
      the experience. Don't try to hook this up to the Internet, try to return
      the computer to original condition. Don't power this up until you're
      confident you have tested the power, removed all cards and unhooked power
      to the motherboard, etc.
      Bill