12849Re: [midatlanticretro] makeshift IBM monitor

    Jun 1, 2009
      Let me know if you want help.  The MARCH museum has the same model.  To clean rust from the chassis, use CLR.  Also, don't test the system until you first remove all of the cards, and clean it out, etc.  Start with just the power supply.  Is it the original black or has it been upgraded.  This would be a good project.
      Bill

      Joe Giliberti wrote:
      there is a bit of rust on the cover, but not significant. I'm using a random AT keyboard, as I do not have a model M

      On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 10:13 PM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

      Joe Giliberti wrote:
      I picked up a 5150 from someone's bulk pickup pile. The motherboard is marked as 16-64KB. It has two 5.25" full height drives. It has markings that indicate that it was used by Bendix. It has a color graphics board, and two boards made by Quadram. I have no CGA monitor. What does the RCA connector on the graphics board put out? Is it composite, RF, or something else? If not, can a VGA be adapted?

      Thanks
      Wow you found an original "A" model in the trash!  Great find.  Worth preserving.  Best thing to do is find a CGA monitor from IBM.  You could sell this for $250 if you get it running.