12528Re: MARCH committee to select chips for an exhibit

  • Brian Cirulnick
    May 8, 2009

      > Why not take a tip from the Computer History Museum?
      >
      > http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/DSCN3460.JPG
      >
      > I like their signs.

      Is it me, or does it look like their signage was designed by someone who's a fan of SUN Microsystems? Between the purple color and the bold sans-serif, it looks like the design for the Sun cases around the time of the Ultra1 and Ultra2.

      And I guess if you're an Apple fanboi, you'd use Garamond against white.

      Maybe we should decide what kind of "look" we're going for too; while the text can be plain old whatever for legibility, title cards can be something consistent, a vintage 60's computer-y typeface like I use for "obsolyte!" or something more 8-bit/C=64 like what's on Bill's website...
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic