12432Re: [midatlanticretro] Donner 3500 Analog Computer

    Apr 28, 2009
      > I hope you have some intention of presenting this in a public forum,
      > say VCF east?
      I applied to give a lecture on this topic at the SHOT conference. It's
      scheduled for Oct. 15-19 in your area (Pittsburgh). Details are at
      http://www.historyoftechnology.org/annual_meeting.html.

      My topic, if accepted, is along the lines of "Unusual origins of
      portable computing".

      I am reluctant to share the story(s) in any public forums until after I
      publish on my own terms. SHOT typically does not include any media, so
      it's basically a safe place to vet one's research and receive
      constrictive critiques from the most respected historians, before
      sharing things with the whole world.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic