12425Re: Donner 3500 Analog Computer

  • Michael
    Apr 28, 2009
      I have two of these...one is a Donner 3500 and the other is a Systron-Donner 3500. They are pretty much alike. However, the one on ebay has three major difference...it doesn't seem to have any potentiometers at the top, the patchboard has an opening for the fan and it has metal handles on the top instead of leather straps on the side. It's also a low serial number and I thought the it might go for around $2200-2400...it actually went for over 2500. You can compare the pictures on ebay with some I have at www.earlycomputers.com.

      > I don't know the value in dollars -- Michael Pearson would know better
      > than anyone: http://www.earlycomputers.com/cgi-bin/contact-us.cgi -- but
      > I do know this is VERY rare and I'd love to own one, if only I had a
      > job. The chance to bid on this, in good condition and with manuals,
      > etc., is quite rare. It's the kind of computer that I would be willing
      > to liquidate an Altair or IMSAI to acquire. Does that make my point
      > clearly enough?
      >
      > BTW, I have some inside info on the story of the guys who designed this
      > computer. Saving it for my book though!!!
      >

      > > Any comments on the value of this? I am not planning to bid. The 3500
      > > came out at about the same time as the Heathkit EC-1.
      > >
      > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=
      > > 320364396376
      > >
      > > Bil

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic