1210Maybe something useful for the museum

  • madodel
    Aug 30, 2005
      No not a computer, but someone from IBM who was cleaning out a bunch of OS/2
      related stuff to send me, sent me a box of 8 metal folding display easels.
      These are really nice, if there is a use for them. Is there any need for these
      for signage or maybe for information displays?

      Also as I have said in the past I amm working on creating a vintage OS/2 museum
      for the Warpstock OS/2 user conference this October in Hershey. Once the event
      is done I will need to find a home for most of this stuff. I have some
      interesting things which may or may not be of interest for the InfoAge site. A
      couple of early PS/2 laptops with OS/2 1.3 and 2.0 installed and a Power Series
      PC model 803 which hopefully will have OS/2 PowerPC installed if I can figure
      out why the 4X CDROM drive won't read the CD-Rs I have burned. I also have
      banners and a table cloth from IBM.

      Will there be a library area at the museum? I have old issues of OS/2 magazines
      and some books as well.

      Mark

      --

      From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

      Warpstock 2005, Hershey, Pennsylvania, October 6 - 9, 2005
      http://www.warpstock.org
      Warpstock Europe 2005, Dresden, Germany, Nov. 18-20 http://www.warpstock.net

      http://www.os2voice.org

      "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of
      private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State
      itself. That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of government by an
      individual, by a group or by any controlling private power." Franklin Delano
      Roosevelt, Message proposing the Monopoly Investigation, 1938
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic