12057Re: [midatlanticretro] Should we switch to a web forum?

  • Alexey Toptygin
    Mar 13, 2009
      On Fri, 13 Mar 2009, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > Okay ....... some ground rules for this sure-to-be-controversial thread:
      >
      > 1. KEEP IT STRICTLY ON-TOPIC
      > 2. KEEP THE SUBJECT LINE
      > 3. TRIM LONG QUOTED REPLIES
      >
      > So, should we switch to a web discussion forum?

      I say no. Email is a push technology that comes to my inbox: I don't need
      to do anything to stay current on MARCH topics other than check my mail.
      If MARCH communicated through a web board, how often would I (or others)
      remember to check for updates? Websites are publishing RSS feeds now so
      that they can have more of a push model, to help keep users up-to-date...
      with email we get that for free. People that really want a pull model web
      interface can just look at the Yahoo group archives...

      Alexey
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic