12047Fundraising

  • Ray Sills
    Mar 13, 2009
      I know some museums have a way for people to donate at the door. Some
      have a "suggested" donation, but to be a true donation, any amount is
      acceptable. Or, nothing at all, for those who prefer not to give. No
      one gets turned away.

      Most hamfest charge $5 or $10 admission price for buyers. Of course,
      that's for those who want to take advantage of a flea market to buy or
      sell items. Even if each attendee to the museum only paid $1.. (most
      people tip at least that much at a car wash), it would add to the
      coffers.

      Maybe selling some refreshments on Sundays would work? I don't know
      if there's any legal impediments to that.

      73 de Ray
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic