      From: "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...>

      Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 17:53:21
      To: Yahoo MARCH Yahoo<midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Minicomputers

      >>> Then every unix machine, regardless of size, would be a mini ... an interesting machine, but is it the right fit for this exhibit?

      I vote "no" ... this particular exhibit should be about "traditional" minicomputers....

      I think the 860 is ideal for our upcoming "Artifact of the Month" exhibit, or for some future exhibit that focuses on office apps.

      Actually the latter isn't a bad idea. Most of our visitors will know MS Office. We can show them the 860, Visicalc, Lotus 1-2-3, AppleWorks, etc. ... what other software/hardware combinations should be considered the most historic / most relevant of this exhibit?