      [serious]
      just a random thought here. Perhaps we could have a section in one of the rooms, just a single wall, featuring framed articles of significant contributors to the field, perhaps with a short bio, their contributions to history, and a picture of them of some sort. A rudimentary "Computer History Hall Of Fame"
      It wouldn't require much financial expenditure, just some research and word.

      On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 1:20 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      Hmm .... maybe David G. remembers what else is in there.  I don't.

      The huge-ass Burroughs mainframe is going to the Computer History Museum out in the "Silly Con" valley.  CHM is equiped with the funds, know-how, and staff to handle it.  MARCH is not.

      If anyone's wondering, I endorsed that idea, and Claude thanked me for considering the best interests of the machine, rather than the best interests of MARCH.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Joe Giliberti
      Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 1:16 AM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Minicomputers

      I was asking if he has anything else, though I do see that I did not include "else" in the first email. Of course I know about the 8 and the asr33, I was there to help pick them up!

      On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 1:02 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      Yup.

      Claude gave us the PDP-8 w/ ASR-33 and plotter ..... I'd say that is pretty friggin relevant!

      But I suppose we could rearrange the furniture in this exhibit.  For example, instead of having the teletype and plotter just with the 8, we could put those items in the center of everything, sort of depicting a control desk .... then again that * particular * teletype and plotter are from the RESISTORS club so there's a strong argument for leaving them all together.