11916Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Minicomputers

    Mar 4, 2009
      Thanks, but too new. :)

      -----Original Message-----
      From: "Brian Cirulnick" <techrat@...>

      Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 15:37:20
      To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Re: Minicomputers

      > I asked this a few weeks ago, thought I'd ask again: does anyone have an
      > interesting minicomputer that could be exhibited in our museum as a
      > long-term loan?
      >
      > Currently we have for display:
      > - DEC PDP-8
      > - DEC PDP-11/20 (and various other 11 series)
      > - Perkin-Elmer (not sure which model)
      > - Burroughs B-80
      > - Soon: an undetermined IBM 30-series from Mike Ross

      I have a SUN 3/160... but it's not very interesting.

      However, what might make it interesting is that I have a pretty good collection of VME cards to go with it. Hang a few large cards around it that are populated by dozens of individual chips and components, and it might make an attractive display.

      I also have an SGI Personal Iris, but again, not very interesting.

      Regardless, both are available for long term loan if you want 'em -- but since the term "minicomputer" is not precisely defined (which is what sidetracked your original request), they might not be considered minicomputers by some.

      ttyl
      Brian C.