11886Re: [midatlanticretro] IMSAI for sale

  • Mike Loewen
    Mar 2 5:02 AM
      On Mon, 2 Mar 2009, B Degnan wrote:

      > A $200 IMSAI 8080 is a super duper bargain

      The case is in rough shape:

      http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/P1010252.JPG
      http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/P1010253.JPG

      ...but you're right - it's a bargain. I'm going to have to read up on
      re-forming electrolytic caps. Here's some other info he sent me:

      "The boards are:
      - Cromenco Z80 CPU board
      - Scitronics real-time clock board
      -- The BIOS I wrote for CP/M makes use of the clock but I'll be darned if
      I remember how!
      -- Probably needs a new battery
      - A serial/parallel board
      - A serial board that I made (wire-wrapped). It used the 8250 UART which
      was
      used by the original IBM PC at that time. A write-up of the board's design
      can be found in the June 1984 of
      Microsystems (Sol Libes magazine).
      - The Morrow Disk Jockey 2D/B.
      --The BIOS was modified so that an 8" double density floppy could hold
      about 1200KB instead of the standard 800 or 900 KB. When my friend and I
      made the change all the nerds that were our friends were amazed and
      proclaimed that it was all the storage anybody would ever need. Times have
      changed, right!"

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...