11817Re: Mainframe

  • fairlanefastback
    Feb 27, 2009
      I guess it would depend on when in the decade. Evan has previously
      said Amigas from the 90s and Ataris from the 90s (like the Falcon) are
      considered vintage by the group. Of course, those were early 90s
      examples. But the group already recognizes some 90s equipment already
      then. The bar is already in that decade.

      > Before I read the various replies to this post, /why/ are we getting an
      > Amdahl mainframe? Are we saying that eventually this will be vintage,
      > or are we expanding into newer systems. Has the vintage "bar" been
      > moved into the 90's?
      > Bill

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic