11377Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH library update

  • Bryan Pope
    Feb 7, 2009
      Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > Joe and I did some more work in the soon-to-be MARCH library today.
      > We bought clear waterproofing paint. We also spent a couple of hours
      > doing prep work -- scraping away some loose paint, vacuuming up
      > debris, and sweeping (and re-sweeping, and re-re-sweeping) the floor.
      > So that area of our basement storage room is MUCH cleaner than when we
      > started.
      >
      > I'm wondering if there is any advantage to taking a mop and washing
      > the floor. Would that help / hinder / have no impact on any remaining
      > dust?

      I think that would be a *very* good thing. A wet mop would help a lot.
      It would probably even be a good thing to wash the floor a couple of
      times.. ie mop with soap and water, then rinse, dry and repeat.

      Cheers,

      Bryan
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic