      From: jaj@... <jaj@...>
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Mattel Aquarius Question
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 10:55 PM

      The NES type RF switches require a strong signal to operate, older systems usually don't have a strong enough signal to "switch" it. Use the traditional slider type switch for best results.

      What did your system come with? I may have some (free) stuff for you, feel free to contact me off list to discuss.

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: "Matthew Mikolay"
      Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:25:42 -0000
      To: <midatlanticretro@ yahoogroups. com>
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Mattel Aquarius Question

      Hey everyone! The Mattel Aquarius system that I bought off of eBay
      came in the mail today, and I have a few questions.

      The system powers on, but I am unsure how to hook it up to my TV. The
      wires to connect it to the TV were not included. My TV has RF in, and
      I tried hooking it up using the RF switch from my NES, but it did not
      seem to work.

      I looked in the manual, and the switch the Aquarius included looks a
      lot like the one I have on my Atari 2600
      (http://www.smcelect ronics.com/ PICTURES/ COMPSW-L. JPG). Will this type
      of device work with my Aquarius?

      Thanks!
      ~Matt