1096Re: [midatlanticretro] RE: Tandy systems

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Aug 4, 2005
      Here is the URL of some of my Tandy stuff, mostly just the interesting things, but this will give you an idea of what kinds of stuff I collect.  The empty directories mean that I have the system, but I have not yet uploaded any pics/files.
      In a message dated 8/4/2005 10:15:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time, mloewen@... writes:
          I'm particularly interested in finding (and making operational) a
      6000HD system.  I learned Unix (XENIX, actually) on one of those in 1985,
      and wrote a BBS for it which ran for a couple of years in the Tacoma, WA
      area.  I understand that hard drives were a common failure point on the
      6000s, and indeed that's what eventually took down our BBS system.  We had
      an optional 4-port serial board installed, and four 2400bps modems online.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic