10946Re: Possible fun experiment

  • Brian Cirulnick
    Jan 5, 2009
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Cirulnick"
      <techrat@...> wrote:

      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Frady"
      > <Legodude522@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The Dana Alphasmart doesn't sound like a bad idea. That brings
      the
      > > clamshell Apple Newton to mind.
      > >
      > -------------

      Those alphasmarts are way too much money (IMHO). However, I remember
      taking classes at NYU a million years ago and used a regular old palm
      pilot along with the Landware "Go-Type" keyboard.

      Advantages: Compact as hell, runs forever off 2 AAA batteries, fairly
      easy to sync w/Desktop PC to backup your files, will print IF you
      have infrared port on your printer. Disadvantages: I believe "notes"
      are limited to 5k per, you can fill that up pretty quickly while
      typing. No standard ports, and early models didn't even have the
      infrared.

      You know, when I think of all the wacky gadgets I've used in my
      career... I'm amazed I can remember all this crap.

      ttyl
      Brian C.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic