10927Possible fun experiment

  • Joe Giliberti
    Jan 3, 2009
      I will be starting school (again) in about three weeks. I going at it full time, and none of my classes are a math or (traditional) science base. Therefore, I will be writing lots and lots of notes, and probably a good deal of reports.
      My handwriting is terrible. I can barely read it, so I'm definitely to be using some type of laptop. However, with all the discussion of AP reporters still using Model 100 Tandys after all these year (whether or not factual) got me thinking: Could I survive a semester of college using mostly a vintage laptop?
      Now, I am definitely not referring to a Kaypro or an Osbourne. I would want some type of flat screen. I would also require that it be powered by some type of conventional battery (as I'd probably be unable to find a proprietary replacement), be no more than twelve pounds in weight, and have the ability to connect to a printer.
      Obviously such a machine would not be of much use for web browsing, or digital media, which is good for me. Hopefully it would serve to lessen distractions. The computer labs are always available should I need interweb access on-campus.
      Lastly, if I were to get started and realize the endevour to be futile, I can always switch back to my 3 month old toshiba.
      Whaddaya think?

      Joe

      --
      "You work with your females, arm them, and force them to wear clothing!"

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic