      -------------------

      This is probably the time for me to chime in:

      I *already* run a BBS. It uses "vintage" FIRST CLASS software to
      access. The software is for Mac or Windows.

      The Windows version is a 16-bit Win 3.11 app that will still run under
      (most) current versions of Windows (never tested on Vista). It has a
      Y2k problem though, as it will display current messages as being from
      1909 instead of 2009. Not a big issue anyhow really.

      The Mac version however, must run on a NON-OS/X (i.e. classic). I
      haven't found an OSX client that will connect to my server yet. The Mac
      version has no Y2k problem, everything displays OK.

      You can find out more about my BBS by visiting
      http://www.obsolyte.com/fc where you can download the client and try
      connecting to the BBS. There's a real-time chat system available as
      well as Vintage files for your Apple II, Amiga, Windows, Mac etc., And
      the nice thing about First Class is that you can use your mouse,
      multiple windows, and upload/download/chat/send messages, all at the
      same time.

      TTYL
      Brian C.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic