1090Re: [midatlanticretro] FW: Rescue help needed in southern NJ

  • Bob Grieb
    Aug 3, 2005
      Hi Bob,

      I suppose it would be fun to see that old stuff one more time...
      We could make a trip of it. Why isn't the seller willing to pack the
      stuff himself, if he'll be reimbursed?

      I worked on the CX floppy drive (Qume), and the disk controller
      circuit.

      Bob

      --- Bob Applegate <bob@...> wrote:

      > Evan <evan947@...> wrote :
      >
      > > Hi folks,
      > >
      > > VCF's Sellam Ismail asks if anyone from our group would pack and
      > ship some
      > > Apple II clones and other gear for him.  The loot is currently
      > in Blackwood,
      > > NJ (a bit south of Cherry Hill).  In exchange, he's offering a
      > free VCF
      > > t-shirt and he'll pick up your admission to any VCF event (which is
      > VCF 8
      > > this fall or our VCF East 3.0 next spring).  He also says the
      > helper can
      > > keep the monitors from the stash in question.  Of course, he
      > will reimburse
      > > the S/H costs.
      > >
      > > What's to be packed and shipped:
      > >
      > > - Three luggables
      > > - a box of disks
      > > - external hard drives
      > > - box of miscellany
      > >
      > > See photo here:
      >
      > That fellow kept trying to sell it all to ex-Franklin people, but
      > nobody
      > would bite. I worked on all the equipment in the pile and expressed
      > an
      > interest, but wouldn't give firm prices. Other Apple-clone guys
      > (Ernest
      > at apple2clones.com) was also very interested. This fellow picked up
      > all
      > the stuff at the famous Franklin "yard sale" at the disco.
      >
      > If anyone wants to lead the project, I'll volunteer to assist. It'll
      > be
      > fun to see all this stuff again. All of the portables are Franklin
      > CXs,
      > a "portable" machine that could read many different disk formats, ran
      > CP/M as well as FDOS (Franklin's much-improved DOS), etc.
      >
      > Hey Bob Grieb, are you interested? You worked on the CXs, right?
      >
      > Bob

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic