10866Re: [midatlanticretro] What do *you* still use that's "vintage"? was: TRS80 Model 100 is it still used

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Dec 31, 2008
      Bill Degnan wrote:
      > OK...some people use their Model 100's today. I have seen one person in
      > the past few years who used a Model 100 to connect to the Internet, yes
      > there will always be someone doing something...
      >
      > Anyway,
      > In day-to-day life, I still use the same Casio fx-910 calculator I had in
      > highschool or college (it's from the 80's). It's a solar cell and I have
      > never changed the batteries (I don't even think there are batteries).
      >
      > I have a Commodore C128 hooked up to my home PC via ethernet cable.
      >
      > I have a Williams Pong arcade cabinet set up in my office conference room
      > that we use somewhat frequently.
      >
      > Other than that I only use vintage stuff for hobby-related activities.

      Indeed. I use an HP-200LX and an HP-28S on a daily basis. I use the
      HP-28S extensively in my professional work (As some of you may know, I'm
      a programmer), and it has a manufacture date of 1988.

      I use them because I can't seem to find more modern replacements which
      function as well as or are as durable as the older equipment I use. I
      know for a fact that there are many programmers who zealously guard
      their HP-16C Programmer's Calculators, which date from 1982.

      Peace... Sridhar
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic