1069RE: [midatlanticretro] what is considered a vintage apple computer?

  • madodel@ptdprolog.net
    Aug 2, 2005
      In, on 08/02/05 at 08:53 AM,
      "Evan" <evan947@...> said:

      >I'm confused. Do mean "THE original" as in IBM PC, serial number 1, or
      >do you mean a machine like the 5100, which was IBM's first microcomputer
      >long before the "PC" series?
      >
      >If it's the former, serial number 1, then it should reside in a museum --
      >like ours, since we'll be the nearest computer museum to IBM headquarters
      >in Armonk, NY.

      According to David Both, it was the very first IBM PC off the assembly
      line. They gave it to him so he could figure out what documentation it
      needed.

      Mark

      --

      From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

      Warpstock 2005, Hershey, Pennsylvania, October 6 - 9, 2005 http://www.warpstock.org
      Warpstock Europe 2005, Dresden, Germany, Nov. 18-20 http://www.warpstock.net

      For a choice in the future of personal computing, Join VOICE - http://www.os2voice.org

      "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself. That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private power." Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Message proposing the Monopoly Investigation, 1938
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic