      From: Evan
      Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 8:53 AM
      Subject: RE: [midatlanticretro] what is considered a vintage apple computer?

      I'm confused.  Do mean "THE original" as in IBM PC, serial number 1, or do you mean a machine like the 5100, which was IBM's first microcomputer long before the "PC" series?

      If it's the former, serial number 1, then it should reside in a museum -- like ours, since we'll be the nearest computer museum to IBM headquarters in Armonk, NY.