1057RE: [midatlanticretro] what is considered a vintage apple computer?

  • Evan
    Aug 1, 2005
      >>>  Can you imagine the value of the very first IBM PC?
      We certainly can, and it's not high as you might think.  The original IBM PC - aka the Model 5150 - is worth about $50-$150 depending on condition, according to Mike Nadeau's book "Collectible Microcomputers".  The book is a year or two old, but the price is fairly steady.
      I believe most people in the PS/2 universe, and elsewhere in x86-land, still consider themselves "users" more than "collectors".
      An original PS/2 - which I hope you're not paying any more than about $50 for in great condition - might be considered really vintage and collectible in another couple of years for its 20th anniversary.
      - Evan