10391Re: [midatlanticretro] Questbusters Newsletter

  • Andrew Molloy
    Nov 1, 2008
      On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 3:42 PM, fairlanefastback
      <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > Not sure if anyone on the list remembers this newsletter. I still
      > have some copies from when I subscribed at the time. But I wanted to
      > see if I could dig up more. They reviewed adventure games on
      > computers of the time (the 80s), provided hints, etc.
      >
      > http://www.geocities.com/sensuari/QB1.html
      >
      > Most of the links on the page above are dead sadly.

      I have a few issues (Vol 5, Nos. 7, 8, 10; Vol 6, No. 4; Vol. 7, No.
      1). I could scan them and send you PDFs. Maybe we could trade and you
      could send me your scans?

      What a great little newsletter Questbusters was--covered all the great
      role playing and adventure games of the 80s and 90s. I subscribed
      after seeing a postscard-sized advertisement in SSI's gold box game
      Pool of Radiance. If you like the old vintage RPGs be sure and check
      out the book Dungeons and Desktops: A History of Computer Role-Playing
      Games by Matt Barton. Love that book!

      Andy
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic