1032what is considered a vintage apple computer?

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Jul 30, 2005
      The last vintage Apple was the IIGS. There is no such thing as a vintage MAC.
      And while we're at it, the IBM AT or newer is not vintage, any Amigas are not
      vintage. It does not matter how many years go by, MAC's will never be
      vintage computers. There is no sliding time scale where each year a new set of
      machines becomes vintage. In short, the vintage era ended for new machine models
      that were first released no later than 1987, and mostly before 1985.

      That does not mean that I don't save newer interesting computers however, I
      just don't call them "vintage".

      Will the 1987 Plymough Sundance become a vintage car someday? I think not.

      And for making such statements I am standing behind the chicken wire so feel
      free to throw your beer bottles at will. I expect differences in opinion.

      Thank you very much.

      Bill

      In a message dated 7/30/2005 7:38:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      chrism3667@... writes:

      > in my opinion, vintage macs consist of the IIs and
      > earlier machines. Some would even balk at stuff that
      > late, but I would include the II, IIX, and IIFX in
      > that they represent Apples foray into color. Possibly
      > there were add on cards for the SE with which you
      > could drive a big juicy external color monitor (and
      > have the mono mini me mac alongside). But then again
      > the SE may have been released at the same time as the
      > II. And Ill give someone a dollar if they can tell me
      > what HMMU stands for :D
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic