103Re: Kelly -- re: your TRS display

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Mar 3, 2005
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, evan <evan947@y...> wrote:
      > If you're looking to save time (and not confuse attendees), you
      > might consider foregoing the IBM, and just making an all-Tandy
      > display.

      I was hoping to use the IBM as a terminal to the Tandy. I can't run
      Scripsit on it, but I can do just about everything else. However,
      since I may only be coming for the first day (I'm still working out
      the timing) then I will probably leave it (the convertable) behind
      and use the Model 4 or the 200 as the terminal.

      I can't wait to meet the others. I have a bunch of stuff to swap, and
      hope to make some contacts there for passing on my "spares" at a
      later date. I'm not bringing a buch of swapping stuff due to the
      concearns of the TCF hosts. I don't want anyone thinking I'm there
      doing business. I know how touchy people can get at events like this.

      As and update, for those who know the old Tandy Xenix machines, this
      is what I have running:

      Xenix 3.2
      Xenix Development System 3.1.1
      filePro Plus 1.0 - database
      Scripsit - word processor
      Multiplan - spread sheet (yes, it's Microsoft)
      Games from the install disk - adventure and others
      MBasic - Microsofts multiuser basic for Xenix

      I almost have the Unify database running. I don't have the install
      media for this so I'm trying to patch it together from old backups.
      It's a gas trying to tar off from 8" disks. I'm suprised most of them
      still work.

      For the model 4 I was thinking of Dancing Demon, Scripsit, some
      terminal program, and one of the Scott Adams adventures. Any other
      suggestions for the Model 4?

      I don't have any software running on the 200 or the 102. Any
      suggestions? Maybe use this as a rudimetary terminal to the Xenix
      machine?

      What about the 1000sx? Any interest in that, or should I just leave
      it behing.

      One more thing....
      Someone mentioned "lucite" information holders for a page about the
      display. Where can I get a couple for my display? I'd like one per
      machine if possible. What size are they?

      Kelly
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic