1015RE: [midatlanticretro] InfoAge Gala - my travel plans

  • Evan
    Jul 27, 2005
      I'll be there Friday night as well (as ya'll might have guessed).

      From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jim Scheef
      Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 5:36 PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] InfoAge Gala - my travel plans

      All,

      My plans are finally solidifying.

      I will drive down to Info Age on Friday, August 12th. I plan to arrive in the
      early afternoon. On Friday I plan to meet with Fred Carl (InfoAge Director)
      and try to make a quick high-level catalog of the existing computer
      collection at Info Age - taking as many pictures as possible. If I can do any
      set up for Saturday, I'll do that as well.

      Friday nite I'm staying at the Econo Lodge Lakewood, in (surprise) Lakewood,
      NJ. Yahoo Travel shows them as having no amenities whatsoever, so I doubt I
      will have Internet access that evening. This is the only lodging I could find
      within 100 miles that was under a c-note.

      Saturday I'll be at The Gala to help set up and exhibit something - not sure
      what. That afternoon I leave for Washington DC.

      If anyone would like to meet me at Info Age on Friday, that would be great.
      Please let me know if you will do so. Even better, you are welcome of join me
      for dinner Friday evening. Since I have never been to the Jersey Shore, I
      have no idea where to eat but I'd like to find someplace with great food and
      low prices (wouldn't we all).

      At dinner we could discuss the challenges that we face to make this computer
      museum a reality, ideas for fund raising (other than opening our own
      wallets), as well as the coolness of old computers of all types.