10128Re: [midatlanticretro] Swap meet - Model II and 820-II

    Oct 12, 2008
      Ian
      > Well, then count me in. I'll bring some of this extra hardware I have here, if anyone is interested.

      Great! I do not believe we have met.

      <snip>
      > I'm looking for a few things myself...
      > -Used/blank 8" floppies and 5 1/4" DSDD floppies
      > -Parts, software for the TRS-80 Model II I'm working on. I actually have the Model II, 12 and 16, but no software, and only one keyboard. If anyone has a dead machine for parts, or even software or system disks I could copy or borrow, that would be great. If I can, I'll bring a PC/clone with an 8" drive to archive disks. Also, I'd love to find a hard drive or drive controller. I'd love to be able to run Xenix on the 16, but running from floppies might not be possible.
      > <snip>
      > -System disk for a Xerox 820-II. I finally have the keyboard for this critter, but no system disk. I believe that the index track is single density, so I don't know if my PC can handle copying it. But, if I can borrow one, I'll try.

      I have software for both the Model II and the 820-II

      Kelly is bringing me a Model II, if it works I can make copies of some
      disks for you on the spot (or we can try to get it running).

      I have not taken my 820-ii out for a spin in about a year, I should try
      to test it before 12/6, and then I can copy some system disks for you in
      the process. Assuming I have time, but I hope to do this anyway. I
      have in the past made copies of bootable 820-II disks. My 820's hard
      drive is functional as well, a real treat. Aside from the clunky
      keyboard, I like these machines. I have been able to take software from
      other CP/M systems and use it on the 820, but I forget what it was that
      was compatible. I think it was the XOR-4 S-100 system.
      > Also, in my unlikely to find category:
      > -An Atari 130XE. My first computer, but it no longer works. I haven't been able to find another one, and mine has a bad custom chip.

      Jeff Jonas just gave me one of these at vcf E this year! I was taking a
      look at it last night, but I have a few other projects to work on first
      so it was just a cursory inventory of what was there. I had the
      matching printer, drives, and a bunch of other things for the 130XE
      already so now I have a pretty complete little system. I really like
      Atari computers, they don't get enough credit sometimes.