BlueLine seeking a bass

  • KATHERINE REYNOLDS LEWIS, BLOOMBERG/ WAS
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2002
      BlueLine, an award-winning a cappella sextet, is holding auditions for a male
      bass singer. We're looking for a responsible, experienced singer with good pitch
      and rhythm and the ability to blend with a group or carry an expressive solo
      line. Ideally he would learn music quickly and have ideas about arranging songs.
      We expect group members to attend every rehearsal and learn music individually.

      BlueLine focuses on close harmony and tight blend in jazz, gospel, pop and rock
      music. We work under a group decision model and expect each member to contribute
      to the musical choices, direction and goals of the group. We rehearse weekly
      in Washington DC or Maryland, perform monthly and members spend an equal amount
      of time outside rehearsal learning the music. While we take our music seriously,
      we also like to have fun together and support each other's personal and
      non-musical goals.

      For more information about the group, check out http://www.bluelinedc.com/ To
      schedule an audition, please call Kakki Lewis at 202-624-1934 or email
      blue_liners@... Please feel free to spread this notice far and wide.

      Thanks!