Work with Amy "Bob" Engelhardt on October 26th

  • Amanda C. Aldag
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2013
      Join The A Cappella School for a weekend with Amy (Bob) Engelhardt!

      On October 26th and 27th, Amy will be in the DC area offering a songwriting classes and private coaching sessions for groups of all levels and genres.

      Join us on Saturday, October 26th at 2 pm for a 90 minute class on Original Songwriting for A Cappella:

      What do a cappella guru, Sing-Off and Pitch Perfect vocal producer Deke Sharon and I have in common (other than 101 Facebook friends and numerous odd meetings on the road over the past 14 years)? We are both constantly campaigning for more original music in a cappella. Answer our call! You're already great musicians - you sing without accompaniment. So come on in - the water's lovely. No matter where you are in the process - a beginner or advanced songwriter - let's talk about how to advance your writing, make it more compelling, tell stories and engage the audience with your fresh ideas. We''ll also look at tunes you bring in - and see how we can make them even stronger.

      Seminar Location: Arlington Temple, 1835 North Nash Street, Arlington, VA
      Date: Saturday, October 26, 2013
      Time: 2:00-3:30 pm

      Amy is also available for coaching sessions on Saturday, October 26 (Virginia) & Sunday, October 27 (Maryland).

      Register for the songwriting class and/or coaching session now at: http://www.theacappellaschool.com/#!registration/c1mwc

      About Amy:
      As one of the primary songwriter/arrangers of Grammy-nominated a cappella quartet The Bobs from 1998 to 2011 (and its sole female member), Amy was honored with several ASCAP award. A recent winner of MAC's Burman Award for Songwriting (Manhattan Association of Cabarets), Amy also received three BroadwayWorld Cabaret nominations as composer/lyricist and performer in TWO BOBS, NO WAITING, with Bob Malone of the John Fogerty Band. Amy’s solo CD Not Gonna Be Pretty, called the “unlikely and intriguing marriage of Nellie McKay and Meat Loaf,” earned two Just Plain Folks Award Nominations (the “Grassroots Grammys” according to the LA Times). Her first theatrical score, BASTARD JONES (a rock musical adaptation of Henry Fielding’s TOM JONES, with librettist Marc Acito) was a Finalist for the 2012 Richard Rodgers Award for New Musicals, the Eugene O’Neill Music Theater Conference and the Alec Baldwin Fellowship (surely the strangest trifecta ever). A graduate of Syracuse University, Boston’s Berklee College of Music, and an honorary member of the Vienna Boys Choir, Amy coaches and teaches songwriting, improv and vocal performance (solo/group), splitting her time between New York and Los Angeles. http://amy-engelhardt.blogspot.com/