Concerts, Classes and Youth Ensembles in DC

  • Amanda C. Aldag
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2013
      Hi all!

      Clear Harmonies has planned out a busy fall of a cappella and we'll hope you'll join us! There is something for everyone :)

      Concerts
      Coming up this Saturday, the Clear Harmonies Concert Series is back with 2012 National Harmony Sweepstakes Champions, Six Appeal. The show will also feature 2 awesome CAL groups: Cognitive Resonance and Capital Blend.

      Date: Saturday, September 21
      Time: 7:30 pm
      Location: Arlington Temple, 1835 N. Nash Street, Arlington. *just steps from the Rosslyn Metro/lots of garages in the neighborhood
      Tickets: clearharmonies.eventbrite.com (cash/credit/check accepted at the door)

      On October 26th, we'll host Musae and GQ. Don't miss these amazing shows!

      Classes
      The A Cappella School is kicking things off on October 26th/27th with an Original Songwriting class and private coachings with Amy Engelhardt, formerly of The Bobs. The songwriting class is only $20/person and open to all ages. Participants are encouraged to send music samples ahead of time for review. Coaching sessions are $125 per group will be available in both Maryland and Virginia. Don't miss your chance to get direct feedback and instruction from this Grammy-nominated a cappella superstar.

      Youth Ensembles
      For those of you with fans in grades 6-12 at home, we are launching The A Cappella School Youth Ensemble on October 3rd. The pilot ensemble will take place on Thursday evenings at Richard Montgomery High School in Rockville. Students will meet for weekly classes and finish with a live performance in December. They will learn a variety of vocal techniques, contemporary ensemble singing, performance and staging skills, mic technique, vocal percussion, and most importantly, self confidence. Instructors are all professional musicians who perform with local educational band, Snowday. Enrollment is open now at www.theacappellaschool.com

      The program will expand into Northern Virginia in January 2014.

      We hope to see you this fall!

      Amanda Cornaglia (Aldag)
      www.clearharmonies.com
      www.theacappellaschool.com