Looking for Recordings for Radio Show

  • buffmattky
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2002
      Hi everybody! My name is Matthew Sciara and I am attempting to
      launch a radio show featuring acapella music where I live in Buffalo,
      NY. I have a great love of acapella for personal experience (as an
      alumnus of the University at Buffalo's Buffalo Chips and as a
      listener of this music). The only bad thing is that the radio
      station that I have this opportunity with simply sells air time. I
      have to come up with my own sponsors or pay for everything out of
      pocket. What I am wondering is if groups would be willing to provide
      a promotional copy of any CDs they have put out that I can play on
      the air. This would help me greatly in keeping my cost down as well
      as help to expand the influence of acapella music here in Buffalo. I
      hope many of you can help me. Please email me personally if you can
      provide CD recordings and for any additional information or questions
      you may have.

      I look forward to your response!!

      Sincerely,
      Matthew Sciara
      Buffalo Chip '96-'98
    • Ted Donat
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20, 2002
        Attention singers!

        dcVocals is a semi-professional coed a cappella group composed of
        experienced a capella singers in the DC area. We are seeking
        an experienced bass singer.

        We do most of our own arrangements. We rehearse once a week in DC or
        Virginia for 2-2.5 hours and we try to perform at least once a month.
        We are all professionals with day jobs with a cappella singing
        experience. The group is 4 years old and currently has 12 members.

        Visit www.dcvocals.com for more information on the group and our
        repertoire.

        If you are interested in auditioning, please e-mail Ted Donat at
        dcvocals2001@... with your name, e-mail address and a cappella
        experience.

        Thanks!

        Ted Donat