CARTOON JOHNNY IS AUDITIONING!

  • KDaddy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2011

      After 5 great years with our current line-up, Cartoon Johnny is in transition. Tenor Malcolm Lee is leaving at the end of the fall season to pursue musical theater interests. So we're looking for great singers to audition to complete our future line-up!

      Cartoon Johnny is a six-person contemporary a cappella vocal band, covering Motown to Katy Perry, as well as original songs. Located in the DC area, the group is a two-time Harmony Sweeps National Finalist, and was recently nominated for 2011 CARA for Best Holiday Album. To find out more about us, visit www.CartoonJohnny.com or www.facebook.com/cartoonjohnny.

      We are currently auditioning BASSES and TENORS.

      BASSES:
      Should be able to hit and sing consistent low-Ds, have great pitch, and a great sense of rhythm in order to complete a tight rhythm section with our vocal percussionist.

      TENORS:

      Should be able to hit a high-B consistently, nail contemporary pop and rock solos, and play front man as needed.

      ALL:

      Regardless of vocal part, the ideal new member should be very comfortable on stage, have a great solo voice, be able to blend well with our existing line-up, and have the ability to learn music quickly and on his own with supplied sheet music and digital learning files. But don't worry, we'll help ya!

      Positive attitude, commitment to group goals, and a team player approach are a must!

      Time commitment includes:

      ·      Weekly rehearsals currently held in Northern Virginia

      ·      Individual music learning/preparation time

      ·      Performances in 20-30 gigs per year, usually on evenings and weekends

      ·      Recording sessions, on average 2-3 times per month (new release scheduled for 2012)

      Sound good to you?

      We're hearing singers Wednesday evenings throughout September, as well as other times by appointment/as needed. To set up an audition time, contact kieran@.... In your email, please include:

      ·      Brief description of your music experience, specifically in a cappella

      ·      Vocal range

      ·      Availability for auditioning

      ·      If possible, include a live performance video link or audio sample

      We look forward to meeting you!