Rock band looking for a female vocalist

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2011

      Hey, there a cappella singers - ever wanted to sing in a band?  Maybe you did so previously and want to get back to it?  Or maybe you just have melisma overload, and are dying to hear the sound of a shredding guitar?  Well, local DC area band The Slow Burn may be the answer!  We are five guys - all experienced musicians, all Dads, all professionals.  We play 50% covers and 50% originals.  We bill ourselves as "Melodic rock...with an edge."  Our covers include Tom Petty, Beatles, Elvis Costello, John Mellencamp and Pretenders.  Originals are in a similar vein, with lots of cool harmonies!

      We are looking for a female vocalist to sing leads and harmonies (about half and half).  We play out about once every two months, but would like to do so more frequently.  We have played at Iota, Bangkok Blues, The Grog & Tankard, Fat Tuesdays, Jammin' Java, and other area venues.  We rehearse once a week in Fairfax, VA.  If you are interested, please contact Ted at tdonat@...).

      Thanks!