The Capital Hearings -- Auditions for Basses

  • dss16
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2011
      The Capital Hearings (www.thecapitalhearings.com), a mixed vocal ensemble of young professionals, is holding auditions for Bass 2s.  Baritones may audition, but singers who are comfortable handling a low E-flat (or lower) are preferred.

      Our repertoire includes classical, contemporary and pop tunes -- everything from Palestrina, Durufle, and Whitacre through Gershwin, McCartney, and modern hits.  Our current members all sing in DC's large symphonic choruses, have church choir jobs and/or work as music teachers.  But most importantly, this is a group that enjoys good music (of all genres), good wine (of all vintages), and great company (of all voice types).

      Rehearsals are typically held on alternate Wednesday evenings during the fall and spring, increasing to weekly during the summer and/or as performance opportunities require.  We rehearse at various locations in NW DC, but occasionally on Capitol Hill.  The ability to listen and blend in a classical choral style is essential, and familiarity with other styles -- vocal jazz, contemporary a cappella, etc. -- is a plus.  Good sight-reading skills are required since we often learn some new music at each rehearsal.  For more information about the group, please visit www.thecapitalhearings.com.

      First-round auditions will be held on Monday June 6th (7:30-10:00 PM), with the callback audition & rehearsal on Wednesday June 8th (7:30-10:00 PM).  However, singers who are unavailable on Monday 6/6 may be heard at other times on a case-by-case basis.  More information about the audition process is available on the website.  Interested singers should contact music director Dileep Srihari (info@... or (202)-630-6067) for further information or to schedule an audition.