The DC Accidentals seek a few good men ...

  • dcaccidentals
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2002
      The DC Accidentals, a co-ed pop/rock a cappella singing group based in
      Washington, DC, are seeking 2 tenors and a bass. Vocal percussion
      abilities are a huge plus. Auditions will take place on a rolling
      basis. To schedule an audition, please e-mail
      auditions@.... Details to follow...

      ...here.

      About the group:
      We've been around for almost 10 years; we've recorded 2 CD's and
      contributed to a couple other compilations; and we've performed at RFK
      Stadium, at The Kennedy Center, and on street corners. We have an
      underwhelming web site here: http://www.dcaccidentals.com It does
      have some pictures of us, and a link where you can hear some clips
      from our most recent CD.

      Rehearsals:
      Currently every Monday night from 7:30-9:30, at a member's apartment
      near Union Station. We occasionally have extra rehearsals and
      sectionals when performance schedules or part ignorance demands it.

      Payment to members:
      None

      Dues collected from members:
      None

      Costumes required to purchase:
      None (although we typically perform clothed)

      Performances:
      We perform once every 4-8 weeks, on average. That almost always goes
      up in December, when we do a number of holiday parties.

      Audition:
      The format varies, but it's relatively low-stress and takes about 15
      minutes. We always test for range and pitch. We sometimes test
      sight-reading ability depending on the voice part and current needs.
      Be prepared to sing part of a song (verse and refrain is great)
      unaccompanied, to give an idea of your solo voice. The song doesn't
      matter, as long as it shows off your voice.