Auditions for The Capital Hearings

  • dss16
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2011
      The Capital Hearings (www.thecapitalhearings.com), a 12-voice mixed ensemble of young professionals, is seeking to add an additional 1-2 singers with a strong preference for low altos and/or low basses.

      Our repertoire includes classical, contemporary and pop tunes -- everything from Palestrina, Durufle, and Whitacre through Gershwin, McCartney, and Take 6.  Our current members all sing in prominent Washington-area choruses, have church choir jobs and/or work as music teachers.  But most importantly, this is a group that enjoys good music (of all genres), good wine (of all vintages), and great company (of all voice types).

      Rehearsals are typically held on alternate Wednesday evenings, sometimes increasing to weekly rehearsals as performances / gigs may require.  We usually rehearse in NW DC (Cleveland Park), but occasionally on Capitol Hill.  The ability to listen and blend in a classical choral style is essential, and familiarity with other styles -- vocal jazz, contemporary a cappella, etc. -- is a plus.  Good sight-reading skills are also valued since we often learn some new music at each rehearsal.

      Auditions will be held on Saturday February 5th (1:30-5:30 PM) and Wednesday February 9th (7:30-10 PM), with callbacks on Wednesday February 16th (7:30-10 PM).  Interested singers should contact music director Dileep Srihari (info@... or (202)-630-6067) for further information or to schedule an audition.